I’m currently participating in a two week no sugar added nutrition challenge. Part of the challenge is to increase my water intake to half my body weight in ounces!
Drinking my water hasn’t always been easy for me but over the years I have made it my priority to increase my water intake. This part of the challenge hasn’t been too hard, but ask me about the no wine and sugar!
Water has so many amazing benefits! Some of the benefits include weight loss, promotes energy, prevents headaches, aides in healthy looking skin and the list goes on. Even with all these benefits most of us still struggle to get our daily water intake. Let’s see if can I help!
First calculate how many ounces you need to consume each day! It is a simple calculation just take your weight and divide it by 2. Don’t forget if you drink coffee or black tea you add an additional 8 ounces per cup of coffee or black tea! I’m a momma of a 10 month old, so I definitely need to off set my coffee intake!
Now, here are 5 easy ways to increase your water intake.
- Buy a water cup that holds at least 32 oz. That way if it’s the trip to fill up your water cup up that is holding you back, you will have to make less trips to fill it up! My Bubba Cup is a lifesaver.
- Once you find one that holds at least 32 oz make it a cute one! Find one that is nice to look at and draws your attention to it. Once you see it, it will trigger “oh I better drink some water.”
- Now that you found the perfect size and style buy a couple! At least keep them in the places you spend the most time. I keep one at my desk at work and one at home!
- Use rubber bands to track how much water you drink. If you need to drink 80oz then put 3 rubber bands on your 32oz water bottle. Take a rubber band off each time you finish a bottle.
- Spice up your water! What I have found best enhances water is cucumbers, mint leaves, lemon or lime. These items are refreshing and don’t change the water texture! I love using Nuun Hydration Electrolytes when I work out. They help give me a boost while I get my sweat on!
Now go drink up and B: healthy!