Protein Cranberry Orange Scones
I had a bridal consult with a wonderful bride this summer. At the consult she hosted the most adorable brunch I had ever seen! I know how sweet, right? Featured at her brunch were these Cranberry Orange Scones from Elana’s Pantry. From the first bite I was hooked, no joke you almost had to tear me away from the plate to actually do my job! She told me they were so easy to make. I did not believe her because scones sound fancy and I am just not that fancy nor am I a baker.
This past weekend I hosted a brunch and I couldn’t get these scones out of my head. I decided to accept the challenge and make them with a little twist. To add my Jenny healthy flare I added protein powder to reduce the carbs and add addition protein. Can I say they were as easy as she said and so delicious! If you are hosting a brunch this weekend or in the near future do yourself a favor and try these scones out.
- 1 cup almond flower
- 1 cup vanilla protein powder (I used Quest protein powder)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp of orange zest ( I used the zest of 3 clementines or it's the equivalent of ½ orange)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp of honey
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl mix the egg and honey together.
- Now time to get your hands dirty and mix the dry and wet ingredients together.
- If the mixture seems a little dry add a little more honey until it's not powdery.
- Form to large balls with the dough.
- Press each ball down until it is about ½ inch thick.
- Cut each section with a pizza cutter into eight sections.
- Bake for 10 minutes.